Monday, August 28, 2023

trek checklist and itinerary completed

Here are two links:

1. my trek checklist

2. my 2023 itinerary

The backpack's base weight (i.e., without water) will be under 10 kg, I think, and it's the kind of burden you get used to as the walking days go by. The itinerary is essentially copy-pasted from my 2019 walk, which has been my favorite Four Rivers walk so far. This means a return to camping. In 2020, I experimented with my route, trying to find a way to avoid camping altogether. I found such a route, but it was physically costly (I had one 42K segment and one 44K segment; my normal max is around 35-36K in a single day), not to mention less pleasant because it took me away from river views and ran me through some unpredictably hilly country, which included one or two nasty farm dogs.

I'm really looking forward to being on the Four Rivers path again. It's been a few years, and Four Rivers is my favorite trail of all the ones I've done. I miss it.



1 comment:

  1. Ready to roll. The next six weeks will fly by. Averaging 35K per day makes me ashamed of being proud when I do a 10K walk...

    ReplyDelete