Saturday, October 14, 2023

last night

I got to Geomam Station last night and decided to try something different: I cheated and took the Incheon Line 2 subway two stops up to save myself 2 km of a nearly 3K walk. This initially meant walking through Geomam Station, which is quite large, to get to the transfer point. As I walked from the A'Rex Line part to the Incheon Line 2 part, I passed a closed restaurant—one of those with the lifelike plastic sculptures of the food they sell. I was, as you can imagine, immediately seduced by the king-sized donggaseu:


You see how the donggaseu is sauced with that curry-ish gravy. Korean-style and Japanese-style curry are both something of a joke: sweet and lacking the punch-you-in-the-face oomph of Indian curry (well, masala). Still, if you live in Korea long enough, you get used to it.

Anyway, I was struck by a craving that plastic food cannot satisfy. Even if the resto had been open, I wouldn't have gone in because I was still in fasting mode. 

And that's the height of yesterday's excitement.



3 comments:

  1. Enjoy the walk. I just finished cycling the same route in reverse over four days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are you cyclists so self-abusive? I had a coworker here who did the Four Rivers in 4 days as well. 633 km in 4 days = close to 160 km per day. Why, why, why? Is there some demonic urge pushing you never to linger? Please help me understand the cyclist's mindset.

    Meanwhile, thank you. Yes, I will enjoy the walk. Slowly. At a comfortable pace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this case I was limited by my companions' schedules. Still, even a leisurely pace sees me rattle along at 20kmph, which means 100km per day is easily doable.

      Delete